Our library of workplace health resources provides credible and actionable guidance to make improvements in your workplace health program and culture of health environment. With a healthier workforce comes happier employees, improved morale, and increased productivity leading to lower healthcare costs. Protect your most important asset – your employees.
Employees believe employers should play a role in supporting their mental health
Updated: September 18, 2018According to a Harris Poll online survey from September 5 - 18, 2018 on behalf of the American Heart Association among 1,041 U.S. adults 18+ who work full time or part time at an organization with 25 or more people, and their employer offers health ...
Workplace Policy and Position Papers
Updated: May 3, 2018Access the most current policy and position papers on Employer-Sponsored Health, Safety and Well-being Initiatives from the American Heart Association advocacy department. Workplace Policy and Position Papers
Workplace Health Playbook
Updated: April 23, 2018The AHA Workplace Health Playbook is an online employer resource that offers evidenced-based and actionable advice to evaluate and improve workplace health programs. AHA scientists have identified seven pillars of effective workplace health programs and partnered with leading workplace health experts at the Johns Hopkins ...
Workplace Health Achievement Index (American Heart Association Index) Resources
Updated: January 19, 2018The American Heart Association Index is designed to help your organization assess the quality, comprehensiveness, and effectiveness of your workplace health promotion & well-being programs. It is composed of three sections: (1) organizational and workforce demographics; (2) 55 structure and process measures and, (3) performance ...
Healthy for Life® 20 By 20
Updated: November 30, 2017Infographic on empowering Americans to make healthy food, nutrition and lifestyle choices
“Resilience in the Workplace” 2017 report
Updated: October 6, 2017Inspired by the AHA’s CEO Roundtable members and the Center for Workplace Health Research and Evaluation the Resilience in the Workplace report provides employers with emerging and suggested practices to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of resilience training programs for employees. With stress weighing heavily ...
Healthy Workplace Food and Beverage Toolkit
Updated: September 12, 2017The American Heart Association’s Healthy Workplace Food and Beverage Toolkit was created to help organizations improve their food environment and promote a culture of health. It provides practical action steps and suggestions that are easy to understand and apply.
Recognition in Forbes Centennial issue
Updated: August 30, 2017Promoting a Culture of Health and Well-Being in the Workplace.
Free Digital Magazines Supporting Employee Health
Updated: August 21, 2017Provide your employees with award-winning heart health content. Heart Insight & Stroke Connection magazines bring prevention information, tips for improving heart health and managing risk factors, heart-healthy recipes and encouraging and inspirational stories from others who’ve been there.
Workplace Healthy Hearts
Updated: June 19, 2017The American Heart Association offers both classroom and blended learning First Aid CPR training solutions for your workforce. Select the training solution that best fits your needs.
Healthy For Life
Updated: March 6, 2017The Healthy For Life Educational Experiences offer employers a dynamic, interactive curriculum that teaches about healthy food, cooking skills, grocery shopping and overall wellbeing. This tool can help engage, empower and equip your employees with hands-on skills and knowledge.
Healthy For Good
Updated: January 31, 2017Healthy For Good™ is a movement to inspire all Americans to live healthier lives and create lasting change. It focuses on the simple idea that making small changes today can create a difference. The movement is built on four pillars: Eat Smart. Add Color. Move ...
AHA’s 2nd Annual Workplace Health Summit
Updated: January 19, 2017Access the latest research and best practices in workplace health and wellness as presented at the AHA's second annual Workplace Health Summit held on November 11 in New Orleans, LA.
The 2016 Employee Health Survey
Updated: November 14, 2016This 2016 Employee Health Survey conducted by Nielsen on behalf of the CEO Roundtable provides actionable guidance to employers to build a corporate culture of health and improve employee health and well-being in areas important to employees. The insights provide a valuable framework for companies ...
Related:My Life Check User Guide
- Workplace Walking Program KitUpdated: February 5, 2016Step Away From Your Desk! The American Heart Association’s Workplace Walking Program Kit encourages companies to give employees an excuse to get away from their desks and take the first step on the path to wellness.
- My Life Check User GuideUpdated: January 29, 2016The My Life Check - User Guide provides instructions to companies using My Life Check on how to access their secure, password protected admin portal for creating and updating a company profile, and viewing and printing dashboard reports of aggregate employee data.
- My Life Check Rollout GuideUpdated: January 26, 2016This My Life Check Rollout Guide (PDF) provides recommendations and tools for employers participating with the My Life Check tool, on how to communicate and roll the program out to their employees/eligible population with a four-phased approach—Preparation, Launch, Follow-Up and Maintenance.
- CEO Roundtable Tobacco Policy PaperUpdated: September 10, 2015Implementing comprehensive tobacco policies in the workplace can rapidly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, gradually reduce the additional risk for cancers, improve worker productivity and therefore reduce the direct and indirect medical costs of tobacco use.
- Workplace Walking Program Kit
- Employees believe employers should play a role in supporting their mental health