Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With approximately 130,000 employees, the company operates approximately 690 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and more than 170 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury, Macy’s Backstage and STORY. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 44 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com.
At Macy’s, Inc., every colleague plays a role in our success. We strive to build a culture that educates, engages and empowers our colleagues to reach their optimum individual wellbeing, which includes support for mental health.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): All colleagues who work an average of 20 hours per week or more, as well as anyone in their household, have access to a confidential EAP. Colleagues can receive five counseling sessions at no cost, including a video-based telehealth option. An EAP counselor is available to listen, help assess the situation, and recommend appropriate resources or treatment options.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): More than 4,000 Macy’s colleagues support nearly 50 ERG communities at Macy’s. Their many successes include driving our national “Can We Talk?” program on cultural and social issues, promoting career development, and building team resilience. We’ve held “Can We Talk?” events around topics including Black Lives Matter and Being Muslim in America.
- Mental Health Benefits: Colleagues enrolled in a company-sponsored health plan have access to an array of mental health benefits. Coverage varies by plan.
- Meditation: After a successful pilot in select locations, we are partnering with Journey Meditation to offer a 13-week stress management and mental well-being meditation program in multiple locations across the country.
- Flexible Work: We know our colleagues value work/life balance and we’re pleased to offer flexible schedules for many positions. For example, colleagues working in our stores and distribution centers have direct access to their schedule and can select when they want to swap or pick up additional shifts.
- Paid Parental Leave: Welcoming a new family member is a special experience and we’re proud to offer paid parental leave to give our salaried colleagues time to warmly welcome their newest family member.
- Onsite Health Coach: Colleagues at our Customer & Credit Services location in Cincinnati have access to a full-time, on-site Health Coach to help them attain their individual health goals.
Through these resources and services, Macy’s, Inc. aims to support colleagues’ overall well-being, including their mental health.
Chairman and CEO