About the American Heart Association CEO Roundtable – working to create healthy companies and communities
The CEO Roundtable was formed in 2013 because, unfortunately, while many companies offer workplace health programs, we lack the necessary data to know what works best. That’s why CEOs from many of the world’s largest and most admired companies, joined with the American Heart Association to create the CEO Roundtable, dedicated to implementing evidence-based approaches to workplace health that focus on employee engagement and building a corporate culture of health. Together, this leadership collaborative works to design, test, evaluate and scale workplace health initiatives.
Fueled by the science and mission of the Association, member CEOs take bold action to help create solutions and systemic change for companies across the country.
They drive innovations in employee health through evidence-based interventions and engage and improve the lives of their more than 13 million employees and family members. The CEO Roundtable is creating real-world actionable strategies to enable a healthy, high-performing workforce that ultimately drives business growth and transforms health in companies and communities.
By testing, evaluating and sharing information about what works in workplace health, the CEO Roundtable is helping to scale evidence-based standards and best practices.
Recent Features and Press Releases
- Health Equity in the WorkplaceJuly 28, 2021The American Heart Association’s CEO Roundtable is working to eliminate workplace inequities that harm the health and well-being of employees, […]
- More than $230 million committed to support equitable health for all peopleJanuary 25, 2021The American Heart Association makes unprecedented pledge to aggressively address social determinants while working to improve the health of all […]
- Achieving equitable health for all: The Bernard J. Tyson Memorial PanelJanuary 15, 2021Leading CEOs discussing major barriers to health equity, including structural racism and racial inequity, and how to positively impact employee and […]
- The American Heart Association and CEO Roundtable urge flu vaccination to promote employee and community healthSeptember 2, 2020Employers lead efforts to promote flu vaccines and mitigate the collision of influenza and COVID-19 DALLAS, Sept. 2, 2020 — More than 45 CEOs from […]
- It Takes a VillageApril 15, 2020The phrase, “It takes a village,” has never been more timely. The COVID-19 pandemic is a call to action for everyone to come together by staying […]
- Health Equity in the Workplace
We know that when people feel their best, they perform their best. That’s why a key focus of the CEO Roundtable is to transform the culture of health in America’s workplaces and beyond.
Chairman and CEO,
Johnson & Johnson
The companies represented on the CEO Roundtable and many others are instrumental in delivering high quality, cost effective health benefits to working Americans. The American Heart Association is an important catalyst to focus business on wellness and the other ways to provide the best benefits in the most affordable way for our employees.
Bank of America