About the American Heart Association CEO Roundtable – working to create healthy companies and communities
The CEO Roundtable was formed in 2013 because, unfortunately, while many companies offer workplace health programs, we lack the necessary data to know what works best. That’s why CEOs from many of the world’s largest and most admired companies, joined with the American Heart Association to create the CEO Roundtable, dedicated to implementing evidence-based approaches to workplace health that focus on employee engagement and building a corporate culture of health. Together, this leadership collaborative works to design, test, evaluate and scale workplace health initiatives.
Fueled by the science and mission of the Association, member CEOs take bold action to help create solutions and systemic change for companies across the country.
They drive innovations in employee health through evidence-based interventions and engage and improve the lives of their nearly 10 million employees and family members. The CEO Roundtable is creating real-world actionable strategies to enable a healthy, high-performing workforce that ultimately drives business growth and transforms health in companies and communities.
By testing, evaluating and sharing information about what works in workplace health, the CEO Roundtable is helping to scale evidence-based standards and best practices to help support the AHA’s goal of improving the cardiovascular health of all Americans 20 percent by 2020.
Recent Features and Press Releases
- Mental health and the workplace: What employers must realizeMarch 12, 2019In the United States, 44 million adults – about one in five – have been diagnosed with a mental health condition. This is a rising health challenge […]
- American Heart Association CEO Roundtable delivers roadmap to help employers confront America’s mental health crisisMarch 5, 2019Business leaders endorse seven strategies for building a mental health-friendly workplace DALLAS, March 5, 2019 — More than 40 CEOs from many of the […]
- Aramark and the American Heart Association report significant strides in delivering healthier menus to AmericansFebruary 11, 2019Aramark Cuts Calories, Saturated Fat and Sodium in Millions of Meals, Boosts Fruits, Vegetables and Whole Grains with “Plant-Forward” Menu Additions […]
- It’s time to end the stigma surrounding mental healthJanuary 21, 2019Bernard J. Tyson Chairman and CEO Kaiser Permanente Every dollar invested in scaling up treatment for depression and anxiety – the two most common […]
- Employers are vital to promoting mental health new report saysDecember 12, 2018A supportive workplace culture reduces the stigma associated with mental health, and access to comprehensive benefits helps to prevent mental health […]
- Mental health and the workplace: What employers must realize
We know that when people feel their best, they perform their best. That’s why a key focus of the CEO Roundtable is to transform the culture of health in America’s workplaces and beyond.
Chairman and CEO,
Johnson & Johnson
The companies represented on the CEO Roundtable and many others are instrumental in delivering high quality, cost effective health benefits to working Americans. The American Heart Association is an important catalyst to focus business on wellness and the other ways to provide the best benefits in the most affordable way for our employees.
Bank of America