About the American Heart Association CEO Roundtable – working to create healthy companies and communities
The CEO Roundtable was formed in 2013 because, unfortunately, while many companies offer workplace health programs, we lack the necessary data to know what works best. That’s why CEOs from many of the world’s largest and most admired companies, joined with the American Heart Association to create the CEO Roundtable, dedicated to implementing evidence-based approaches to workplace health that focus on employee engagement and building a corporate culture of health. Together, this leadership collaborative works to design, test, evaluate and scale workplace health initiatives.
Fueled by the science and mission of the Association, member CEOs take bold action to help create solutions and systemic change for companies across the country.
They drive innovations in employee health through evidence-based interventions and engage and improve the lives of their nearly 10 million employees and family members. The CEO Roundtable is creating real-world actionable strategies to enable a healthy, high-performing workforce that ultimately drives business growth and transforms health in companies and communities.
By testing, evaluating and sharing information about what works in workplace health, the CEO Roundtable is helping to scale evidence-based standards and best practices to help support the AHA’s goal of improving the cardiovascular health of all Americans 20 percent by 2020.
Recent Features and Press Releases
- Employers should play an active role in employee’s mental health according to new surveyOctober 8, 2018Mental health tops the agenda at 6th annual American Heart Association CEO Roundtable where leading executives discuss important health issues on […]
- Starting from the Inside-Out: How Workplace Culture Can Lead the Way to Better HealthMay 30, 2018Aramark and the American Heart Association call on companies and organizations to invest in employees’ health and wellbeing by Nancy Brown, CEO of […]
- American Heart Association and Aramark named 2018 Halo Award winners for improving diet, health of millionsMay 24, 2018Innovative “Healthy for Life® 20 By 20” takes silver award in health category DALLAS, May 24, 2018 –The American Heart Association, the world’s […]
- New $30 Million Venture Capital Fund to Spur Innovation in Heart Disease and Stroke CareMay 17, 2018American Heart Association and co-investors Philips and UPMC to fund pioneering healthcare products and solutions for patients, scientists and […]
- Nestlé Launches Global Nestlé for Healthier Kids Initiative in the U.S. through Partnership with the YMCA New Jersey State AllianceMay 15, 2018Nestlé Launches Global Nestlé for Healthier Kids Initiative in the U.S. through Partnership with the YMCA New Jersey State Alliance Nestlé will bring […]
- Employers should play an active role in employee’s mental health according to new survey
We know that when people feel their best, they perform their best. That’s why a key focus of the CEO Roundtable is to transform the culture of health in America’s workplaces and beyond.
Chairman and CEO,
Johnson & Johnson
The companies represented on the CEO Roundtable and many others are instrumental in delivering high quality, cost effective health benefits to working Americans. The American Heart Association is an important catalyst to focus business on wellness and the other ways to provide the best benefits in the most affordable way for our employees.
Bank of America