About the American Heart Association CEO Roundtable
The American Heart Association CEO Roundtable is an unprecedented leadership collaborative exclusively dedicated to improving employee and community health through evidence-based solutions. Nearly 50 CEOs have joined with the American Heart Association to build a high performing and healthy workforce by tackling the most pressing health concerns for their collective 13 million+ employees and family members.
Fueled by the science and mission of the Association, member CEOs take bold action to help create solutions and systemic change for companies across the country.
By testing, evaluating and sharing information about what works in workplace health, the CEO Roundtable is helping to scale evidence-based standards and best practices.
Leading By Example
CEO Roundtable members have collectively pledged to support these guiding principles:
- Model a healthy lifestyle and foster an organizational culture of health.
- Incorporate evidence-based solutions in employer sponsored health offerings for employees and families.
- Solve for priority health concerns facing employees and recognize companies for achieving measurable improvements in the health of the workforce.
- Implement strategies and solutions to break down barriers to health equity in the workplace and in communities.
- Inspire non-member CEOs to further equitable health and well-being in companies and communities across the nation and around the globe.
Impact, Outcomes and Focus Areas
Develop an actionable roadmap for employers to break down barriers to achieving health equity, including social determinants of health, structural racism, and rural health challenges.
Culture of Health
Establish best practices that bolster workplace engagement and promote employee health.
Educate the nation’s workforce and their families about risk factors and prevention measures, including vaccine compliance and responsible prescribing practices to combat the opioid crisis.
Provide safe and healthy work environments, smart testing strategies and equitable coverage for all.
Mental Well-Being and Resilience
Launch and drive momentum around “ Seven Actionable Strategies to Build a Mental Health-Friendly Workplace” for employers to better manage growing challenges exacerbated with poor mental health and provide workforce resilience training guidance.
Recent Features and Press Releases
- Equity at WorkFebruary 28, 2022Read the new editorial series that highlights health equity efforts underway at companies that are part of the AHA CEO Roundtable leadership […]
- Doctor, It’s Been Too LongJanuary 21, 2022We know many of our employees and their loved ones have cancelled or postponed doctor visits during the ongoing pandemic out of necessity, […]
- Health Equity in the WorkplaceJuly 28, 2021The American Heart Association’s CEO Roundtable is working to eliminate workplace inequities that harm the health and well-being of employees, […]
- More than $230 million committed to support equitable health for all peopleJanuary 25, 2021The American Heart Association makes unprecedented pledge to aggressively address social determinants while working to improve the health of all […]
- Achieving equitable health for all: The Bernard J. Tyson Memorial PanelJanuary 15, 2021Leading CEOs discussing major barriers to health equity, including structural racism and racial inequity, and how to positively impact employee and […]
- Equity at Work
We know that when people feel their best, they perform their best. That’s why a key focus of the CEO Roundtable is to transform the culture of health in America’s workplaces and beyond.
Chairman and CEO,
Johnson & Johnson
The companies represented on the CEO Roundtable and many others are instrumental in delivering high quality, cost effective health benefits to working Americans. The American Heart Association is an important catalyst to focus business on wellness and the other ways to provide the best benefits in the most affordable way for our employees.
Bank of America